“Portland Jewelry Academy has been a valuable resource for us when looking to hire new personnel. We have found that the graduates of PJA are passionate about our craft and have built a good foundation towards performing the specific tasks required for our products.”Teresa Frye TechForm Advanced Casting Technology 503-652-5224 www.techformcasting.com
Graduates of Portland Jewelry Academy receive a 1 year membership to Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America (MJSA).
With the membership graduates will receive the following benefits:
- Free copy of the MJSA Buyer’s Guide to Jewelry tools, equipment, suppliers, and services.
- Free copy of the MJSA source book, an annual guide to MJSA member’s newest tools, equipment and supplies.
- Free access to online sourcing guides; tools, equipment as well as business and subcontracting services
- Free access to MJSA Expo, the jewelry industrty’s oldest and largest trade show dedicated to professional excellence in jewelry making and design.
- Free copy of the MJSA retail link, sent to member retailers: The wish book of finished jewelry lines and designs!
- Free subscription to the MJSA Journal, the award winning monthly magazine offering the technical and business expertise to help you succeed.
- Free access to searchable online article and video library!
- 15% discount on industry-leading technical and business books, including the full library of MJSA Press titles.
- 15% discount to MJSA Online Learning Series of webinars covering all aspects of what it takes to run a successful business designing and making jewelry.
Students are also entitled to a profile placement on MJSA.org where they can post a short bio and link to their portfolios, resumes, websites, and work samples, to help establish a professional presence and attract potential employers. MJSA can help connect graduates to mentor jewelers across the country.